- Welcome to the jungle - speaking about the weather. Wow, what a hot June and July looks to be the same. Lots going on in July to keep quilters busy though.
- Quilt Appraisers are coming to Charles City on July 9th. Don't miss this opportunity if you want some real experts to look at your quilt. They will be at First Citizens Bank in the Heritage Club Room from 9am to noon and 1pm to 4pm on Monday the 9th. It is free for a verbal appraisal and $35 for a written appraisal (apt. needed for this). Take advantage of the knowledge of Val Bonk and Charleen Ritchmeier. Thank you 1st Cits!
- Floyd County Fair Time will soon be here and a favorite of local fairgoers is the quilt show so we're asking you to get involved and show off your quilts. We will have information sheets at Stitches... for you to fill out and times and dates for drop-off and pick-up at the Fairgrounds. The fair starts on July18th so make your decisions soon and show your stuff! Betty Jo Staudt and Karen Thomas are in charge.
Thursday, July 12th 3:30pm Sylvia's Block of the Month
Friday,Saturday,Sunday - July 20,21,22 - Sewing Retreat
Guild members - this could be a good time to sew with Sheila's Fabric
- New Block of the Month starting in September will be the 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30pm - "Every Barn Tells a Story" for 6 months. We encourage new or inexperienced quilters to join a Block of the Month class and you will be a mazed at what you will learn from the instructors and the other members of the class. Learning techniques from each other and having the cameraderie of the group will be a pleasant experience for all
- $35 + Book + Fabric = Awesome Quilt
- New at Stitches...
- Capri Collection of fabric by AdornIt in grays and yellows
- Cuddle Fleece in Elephant Motif
- Ruffle and Ladder Yarns in new colors
What about a Buggy Barn Quilt? Ana Blickenderfer has volunteered to teach "Barn Chicks" at Stitches... so we are taking names and will announce a date when the class is full. This is a really fun 2 Saturday class.
Beginner or Wannabe Quilter? We are also taking names for a class for you beginners. Come in and sign up now and let's get a class going for the fall. It could be a table runner, bed runner, baby quilt - you help decide what to make while learning to quilt.
Friday afternoons under the Pergola - bring your project and join us for Iced Tea or Coffee
FYI : Stitches... will be closed the week of August 7th - 11th
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org visit our blog or call us at 228-3383
Joy Holly Joyce