March Newsletter from Stitches...
- Hello and welcome Spring. This truly has been a remarkable winter. Thunderstorms in February. Maybe flowers in March. If you are itching for some spring ideas come in to Stitches and we'll load you with ideas, fabric, kits, whatever it takes to get a jump on spring.
- Please welcome another new staff at Stitches... Joyce Laffe will be working on lFridays for you help and convenience. She, along with Sheilah McClain and Joy Frank have a wealth of knowledge waiting to be tapped. Just ask for help in finding or planning your next project. Sheilah will be at Stitches... on Tuesdays and Joy will be there on Wednesdays.
- We again have some great bolts in the Dog Pound for $4 a yard. These are some of our quality fabric that we offer at great prices. Maybe a backing or a border that goes with some blocks you have already put together. Come, give it a look. We will always have the Dog Pound filled for your enjoyment. Also, fat quarters in the Dog Pound for $1.50 and some kits for 25-50% off. Great bargains!!
New Fabrics at Stitches...
- 1862 Battle Hymn by Moda
- Plaid, Plaid, Plaid by Moda
- Lily & Will by Moda
- Paddington Bear by Quilting Treasures
- Richard Scary by Quilting Treasures
New Notions at Stitches...
- Applique Fiber
- Carol Doak's Paper Piecing
- Pressing Sheets
- TaDa's (in place of Thangles)
- Block of the Month - Sylvia's - March 8th at 3:30pm
- Block of the Month - Signs - March 21st at 6:30pm *note change of date due to spring break
- T-Shirt Quilt Class - March 17th 10am-4pm $12 plus materials - taught by Ana Blickenderfer - start collecting those T-shirts now to make this amazing keepsake.
Chickfest is coming April 7th
You won't want to miss the fun : make-it & take-it, demonstrations,
refreshments, prizes, etc. 9am-5pm
*Come and see our new samples of quilts, wallhangings, tabletoppers, etc. made with new fabrics at Stitches...
New Yarns at Stitches...
- Tutu in 6 new colors (this yarn is so fun and easy to make into a scarf as a cool gift for friends and family) a must see.
- Starbella - the hottest new look in scarves - new in black and white
- Beautiful - (also known as windopane yarn) to make those awesome crochet necklaces ( you really don't have to know how to crochet)
- Starter Kits by Dark Horse Yarn - for your little daughters and granddaughters who want to learn how to knit.
Join us on Friday afternoons (or any afternoon) for a 'sit & sew or knot or crochet or just sit group'. Tea and treats served every Friday.
Stitches... 715 Kelly Mall Charles City, Iowa
641-228-3383 or 641-330-2308
email us at email@example.com
Find us on facebook at charlescitystitches
or on our blog at firstname.lastname@example.org