Hello from Kelly Mall
We at Stitches... are ready for summer after checking off these important events :
- Quilt Market in Portland, Oregon
- All Iowa Shop Hop
- Joyce's daughter's wedding
- Holly's daughter's wedding
We have gotten some new fabrics in the store and they are ready for you to start making your projects from them :
- Jeepers Creepers - a new Halloween fabric line
- Chevron Fabrics - in pink, black and blues
- Wide backings in black, red & beige for finishing those big projects
New notions :
- Gingher stones for sharpening your dull scissors & rotary cutting blades
- Aurifil thread
Attention Knitters & Crocheters
New yarns we have gotten in are by Cascade Yarns (100% cotton this time)
- Ultra Pima
Also new is a novelty yarn called Yorganza - a must see.
We know that a person who knits is called a "knitter" and a person who sews is called a crocheter. If you are French they prefer crotchetier". You can choose.
Show your Stuff!!
The Floyd County Fair is coming soon. It starts on Wednesday, July 17th and runs through Sunday, July 21.
Join the fun and enter your creations. Whether it is quilting, wall hangings, needlework, projects in crochet or knit, photographs, woodworking and more. Let everyone know what you have been busy doing. Show your creations. For more information go to www.floydcountyfair.org
You can learn to knit on Thursday afternoons this summer until school starts. There is a one time fee of $10 which gives you needles and yarn and a chance for a life-long skill. The class is from 1-3pm every week. The only requirement is that you need to be 8 years old or older.
What to Do at Stitches...
- July 11th Thursday 3:30 pm Sylvia's BOM
- July 17th Wednesday 6:30pm Country Gatherings BOM
- July 26th Christmas ornaments/paper piecing with Joy
- July 27th Christmas ornaments/paper piecing with Joy
- 1st "Bag It" Class ( project bag or lunch bag)
- 5th Patchwork Pals Quilt Guild Meeting at Bethany Alliance Church 6:30pm
- 8th Free Demonstration on an Applique Technique by Linda 5-7pm
- 29th "A Panel, Not a Panel" 1-4pm (come see what new thing you can do with a panel)
Christmas & Halloween in July Sale
Stop in at Stitches... in July and stock up on fabric for those Halloween & Christmas projects. We have a 50% off sale going on all month.
Stitches... 715 Kelly Mall Charles City, IA 50616 firstname.lastname@example.org 641-228-3383
Holly Joy Joyce Linda